About Eclipse Power
Eclipse Power Networks Ltd are an OFGEM licenced Electricity Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO) working within the UK energy industry. We design, own, operate and maintain extra high, high and low voltage electricity distribution network assets, providing power connections to residential, industrial, renewable and commercial customers across the UK.
We are looking for people who embody our personalities – find out more.
Network Design Engineer – Job Purpose:
The purpose of this role is to assess the technical design requirements for new projects, working with developers and Independent Connection Providers (ICPs). The role will oversee the design requirements for a range of projects and ensure that all Eclipse design requirements are captured from award through to adoption.
The designer will have experience of LV, HV and ideally EHV network design within the electricity distribution industry and will oversee projects accordingly. Where design liaison is required with customers, the role holder will be expected to liaise with internal and external customers to ensure the design is approved effectively.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Review new electricity network connection designs submitted by Developers and Independent Connection Providers (ICP) for approval and adoption by Eclipse.
- Create and develop electricity network connection designs including self-determination of PoC (Point of Connection) in compliance with the company’s standards and accreditation under the National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS).
- Ensure all network to be adopted by Eclipse comply with the company’s design standards and processes together with all appropriate current and future industry legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Support the Head of Engineering and Policy with the stage and gate process including:
- Providing excellent customer service, to ensure the customers journey is as easy as possible
- Support accurate delivery dates for design process and keep systems and customers updated with progress
- Support any client kick off meetings
- Ensure up to date data for projects are provided to all stakeholders
- Confirm environmental impacts / reviews
- Support consistent naming conventions
- Create strong links with all DNO planning and design teams to ensure appropriate technical and policy interface dialog is maintained.
- Manage and approve as-builts processes.
- Liaise and support build assurance team where snags or construction changes to designs have occurred during asset energisation stage.
- Liaise with land rights coordinator, ICP’s, Developers and DNO’s to ensure appropriate land rights are obtained for adoptable assets.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all legislation applicable to design, adoption, ownership and operation of high and low voltage electricity distribution networks.
- Support all aspects of business activity.
Knowledge and Skills requirements:
- 2+ years electrical distribution engineering experience
- Preferably Degree, HNC/D or equivalent qualifications in engineering
- Experienced in electrical distribution high and low voltage network design
- Ability to objectively review, interpret and approve designs created by external sources
- Knowledge and experience of constructing and operating electrical distribution networks
- Comprehensive knowledge of appropriate regulatory and legislative compliance including health, safety and environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Experienced in Extra High Voltage network design experience
Working at Eclipse Power
We care about our people and the talents and personality they bring. We are continuing to strengthen our talent, leadership, training, and recognition for people as they are the core of what we do and how we operate. We have an inclusive culture where people are rewarded and recognised for their inputs, innovation, and customer-centric solutions. We also have fun at work and want people to enjoy what they do and what they are helping to create. To continue to do this we need strong diverse thinking and having people from a range of backgrounds, careers, and expertise help us do this.
- Salary Range – £40,000-£55,000
- Discretionary Bonus – 10% company bonus
- Pension & other flexible benefits
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
This is a full time position, reporting to the Head of Engineering & Policy. Our Head office is located in Olney, Buckinghamshire and this is a Hybrid role with office and remote working. There will possibly be some requirement for business travel within the UK for client meetings and site visits.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly encourage applications from a variety of candidates – we believe that different experiences result in increased ideas, collaboration and success.