About Eclipse Power
Eclipse Power Networks Ltd are an OFGEM licenced Electricity Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO) working within the UK energy industry. We design, own, operate and maintain extra high, high and low voltage electricity distribution network assets, providing power connections to residential, industrial, renewable and commercial customers across the UK.
We care about our people and the talents and personality they bring. We are continuing to strengthen our talent, leadership, training, and recognition for people as they are the core of what we do and how we operate. We have an inclusive culture where people are rewarded and recognised for their inputs, innovation, and customer-centric solutions. We also have fun at work and want people to enjoy what they do and what they are helping to create. To continue to do this we need strong diverse thinking and having people from a range of backgrounds, careers, and expertise help us do this.
We are looking for people who embody our personalities – find out more.
The purpose of this role is to undertake and manage physical site audits / inspections regime of assets under construction and pre-energisation, to confirm suitability for adoption. This supports the organisation to ensure that our assets have been constructed against designs and meet the standards we expect.
Knowledge and experience of the electrical distribution industry with a strong emphasis on the technical, design and installation requirements for new connections network including above and below ground civil and building works, cable installation, substation plant and equipment at all voltage levels is key.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work with Design, Design Approvals and Adoption colleagues to ensure the requirements of EPNL policies and procedures are followed throughout the duration of the construction phase through to full adoption
- Ensure all network to be adopted by Eclipse follow the company’s design standards and processes together with all appropriate current and future industry legislation and regulatory requirements
- Compile and manage any snagging lists and confirm all issues closed on completion
- Support completion of audit report
- Ensure design assurance are aware of any design changes during Build Assurance or asset energisation stage
- Support the overall stage and gate process for pre-energisation to ensure a smooth handover to the Asset Management team
- Maintain a working knowledge of all legislation applicable to design, adoption, ownership and operation of high and low voltage electricity distribution networks
- Support all aspects of EP business activity as required
- Ensure the Audit and Inspection regime is followed and completed. Ensuring feedback to the Head of build assurance on ideas to increase the levels of asset integrity and assurance.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- BTEC (ONC/HNC), C&G, NVQ qualifications or similar in electricity distribution
- Good knowledge of construction legislation appertaining to utility assets, site health and safety and environmental requirements
- Ability to achieve and keep authorisation under the DSR’s (Distribution Safety Rules) at Competent or Authorised person status
- Ability to review and interpret plans, drawings and design documentation and cross reference that information with the components and network being installed to establish conformity
- Strong customer service ethic to liaise and communicate with customers to discuss Eclipse requirements
- Good communicator across all organisations at all levels
- Ability to influence and communicate with operational staff onsite to be able to audit effectively whilst managing customer relationships.
- Ability use software packages such as Excel, Word, and basic CAD
- Experience of constructing or managing the construction of electricity distribution networks
- Knowledge of the NRSWA and the notification requirements to undertake works in the highway
- Understand the requirements / process to obtain land rights e.g. Wayleaves, Easements and Deed of Grant
- Salary Range – £30,000-£40,000
- Discretionary Bonus – 10% company bonus
- Pension & other flexible benefits
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
This is a full time position, reporting to the Head of Build Assurance. Our Head office is located in Olney, Buckinghamshire and this is remote role with travel expected across sites within the UK, with visits to Head Office when required.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly encourage applications from a variety of candidates – we believe that different experiences result in increased ideas, collaboration and success.