Eclipse Power Networks Ltd are currently looking for a suitably skilled person to undertake the role of Asset Manager to own and manage all aspect of operating and maintaining our electricity distribution substation and cable assets. Responsibilities will include, ensuring legislative and regulatory compliance, application of maintenance strategies, delivering restoration/repair obligations and resource mobilisation via contracts with external service providers.
Reporting to the Technical Manager the ideal candidate will have extensive experience within electrical distribution network operations, inspection, maintenance and repair of LV to 132kV networks.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate outstanding operational safety compliance knowledge, together with strong customer service ethic, complimented by team leadership with a hands-on approach. It is likely that the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of electrical distribution operational engineering, managing procedures in compliance with the DSR’s (Distribution Safety Rules) complimented by operational experience as a certified Senior Authorised Person.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the network is managed in compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Ensuring compliance with all industry recognised operational procedures and Codes of Practice
- Delivering inspection and maintenance regimes to meet legislative compliance and manufacturers recommendations
- Delivering 24-7-365 no supply restoration services and post fault/damage network repairs to ensure the company complies with it’s regulatory standards of service.
- Ensuring all related administrative processes are completed to maintain quality asset records
- Maintain a visible programme of inspections and maintenance records for all assets
- Provide regular and continuous progress monitoring and reporting to senior management
- Maintain external service provision contracts to resource operational activities
- Maintain good relationships and communications with external service providers, clients and customers
- Maintaining good quality information and filing systems to ensure compliant data management
- Support all aspects of EPNL business activity as required
Skills & Requirements:
- Electrical distribution network operational experience at all voltage levels
- Operational Authorisation experience at AP/SAP level
- Suitable engineering qualifications e.g. Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining electrical assets
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation appertaining to high voltage operational processes
- Detailed knowledge of electrical distribution legislation e.g. ESQCR, CDM, SoS, and all ENA Engineering recommendations and CoP
- Good communicator across all organisations at all levels
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter FAO Jane Coles to:
Eclipse Power Networks, Olney Office Park, 25 Osier Way, Olney, Buckinghamshire, MK46 5FP