Olympia, Kensington – Project Update
OLYMPIA KENSINGTON REDEVELOPMENT
Project Name = Olympia, Kensington.
As the appointed IDNO for the re-development of Olympia in London, Eclipse Power Networks are due to adopt the electrical network with a predicted load in excess of 20MW.
The major re-development involves Eclipse Power Networks adopting the electrical infrastructure, with the current electricity supply being upgraded.
As the site develops, the exhibition halls will be transferred onto the new supply and new builds will be supplied from the new arrangement.
Completion is aimed for 2022 and the project includes:
- Two new hotels, proving both boutique and high-end options for guests wishing to extend their stay
- Two new major artistic venues incorporating a 1,000 seat performing arts space and a 1,500 seat theatre
- 10,000sqft of performance and rehearsal space free for local charities to use
- A new jazz-club style restaurant and co-working spaces designed for creatives and media companies
- 2.5 acres of pedestrianised public space, including squares, streets and a sky garden
- New cafés, restaurants and retail
In addition, there are proposals for a logistics centre and an innovative logistics management system that will help reduce exhibition congestion substantially.