Distribution Network Designer
Eclipse Power Networks (EPN) are currently looking for a suitably skilled person to undertake the role of Distribution Network Designer. The candidate must have a broad knowledge and experience of the electrical distribution industry with a strong emphasis on the technical and design requirements for new connections at all voltage levels.
This role is part of a small team and will be expected to provide additional support for all IDNO activities and will report into the Technical Manager.
Main responsibilities for Distribution Network Designer will include:
- Review new electricity network connection designs submitted by Developers and Independent Connection Providers (ICP) for approval and adoption by EPN
- Create and develop electricity network connection designs including self determination of PoC (Point of Connection) in compliance with the company’s standards and accreditation under the National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS)
- Ensure all network to be adopted by EPN comply with the company’s design standards and processes together with all appropriate current and future industry legislation and regulatory requirements
- Create strong links with all DNO planning and design teams to ensure appropriate technical and policy interface dialog is maintained
- Liaise with external solicitors ICP’s, Developers and DNO’s to ensure appropriate land rights are obtained for adoptable assets
- Maintain a working knowledge of all legislation applicable to design, adoption, ownership and operation of high and low voltage electricity distribution networks
- Support all aspects of EPN business activity
Skills & Requirements for Distribution Network Designer:
- 3 – 5 years electrical distribution engineering experience
- Preferably HNC/D or equivalent qualifications in electrical engineering
- Experienced in electrical distribution high and low voltage network design and protection principles
- Ability to objectively review, interpret and approve designs created by external sources
- Knowledge and experience of constructing and operating electrical distribution networks
- Comprehensive knowledge of appropriate regulatory and legislative compliance including health, safety and environment
- Excellent written and communications skills
This is a full time position and a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing organisation in a multi-faceted role. For more information please visit our Networks page.
To apply for the Networks Distribution Designer role, please send your CV and Cover Letter FAO Andrew Green:
By Post = Eclipse Power Networks, Olney Office Park, 25 Osier Way, Olney, Buckinghamshire, MK46 5FP
By Email = firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website = www.eclipsepower.co.uk